Third Party Logistics (3PL) Connector for NetSuite
Many companies using NetSuite outsource their inventory and shipping to a Third Party Logistics Provider (3PL), but that can create significant inefficiencies without an automated integration solution. Explore Consulting has developed a 3PL Connector for our NetSuite clients. Our flexible solution can communicate with any warehouse management platform using flat files, XML, web services, EDI 940/945 documents, or other API’s. The 3PL Connector enables our clients to automatically send orders and customer information to the 3PL, receive shipment information back from the 3PL, and import this information into NetSuite. The same process applies to Purchase Orders.
- Push Sales Orders to 3PL: Orders pending fulfillment in NetSuite are sent to the fulfillment center along with any customer information required to fulfill the order
- Import Shipment Confirmations into NetSuite: As orders are fulfilled in the warehouse, the shipment confirmations are automatically imported into NetSuite as item fulfillment transactions. The solution can also handle partial fulfillments.
- Push Purchase Orders to 3PL: Purchase orders pending receipt in NetSuite are sent to the fulfillment center.
- Import Receipts and Inventory Adjustments into NetSuite: Item Receipts are sent to NetSuite as PO's are fulfilled. Inventory adjustments and cycle counting keep the inventory in NetSuite and the 3PL in synch.
- EDI Support: 940 (Warehouse Shipping Order) and 945 (Warehouse Shipping Advice) documents are supported. The 940 and 945 document exchange is a common format supported by many warehouse management systems.
- The CloudConnect™ Dashboard, Scheduler and Automated Notifications allow the users to monitor their integration and provide confidence that orders are being shipped out to the end customers on time and correctly.
Extracting data from NetSuite to send to a 3PL is possible via a manual process because saved searches can be used to generate CSV files within the NetSuite UI. However, that data must be manually transferred to the 3PL. Some 3PLs do not support or recommend manual file transfers. A CSV import for item fulfillments is not supported by NetSuite. This leaves manual entry or an integrated solution as the options to bring fulfillment data back into NetSuite. It is critical that item fulfillment records are entered into NetSuite in a timely and accurate manner. Without that information in NetSuite, inventory is out of synch, and more importantly, it would be impossible to answer a customer's question of "Where's my stuff?"
The 3PL Connector, using CloudConnect™, enables our clients to send orders and customer information to the 3PL as needed - daily, hourly, or even every five minutes. Once an item is shipped, the shipment information (including tracking #’s) is sent back from the 3PL and automatically entered into NetSuite.
- Cost effective, efficient 3PL outsourcing reduces costs.
- Faster – let the integration experts build it quickly and support it well.
- Usage of integrated EDI 940 and 945 documents allows you to conduct business with larger 3PLs which provide greater cost savings.
- Standardize with EDI – many large retailers now require EDI capabilities in order to conduct business with them.
- Green, green, green – no more paper and less energy.
Explore’s 3PL Connector, powered by CloudConnect™, provides comprehensive connectivity between your NetSuite platform and 3PL fulfillment provider. Our extensive NetSuite integration experience combined with one of the most -proven NetSuite integration platforms in service today added together with the strongest consulting capability in the industry equals a winning combination. Simply put, there is no software to install and nothing for you to learn. We have unmatched speed to completion, low monthly cost, scalability and security. It would be hard to lose with Explore’s 3PL connector and our white glove integration service.