One of the SuiteApps developed and made available by NetSuite is the Advanced Promotions Bundle (NOTE: You must enable the “Promotion Codes” feature before you can use this bundle). This bundle further enhances the standard functionality within NetSuite that provides options for creating and managing promotional offers. With this SuiteApp, NetSuite allows you to create tiered promotions that offer increased discounts based on the number of items sold or on the order totals. There are three main types of promotions that are available with the Advanced Promotion bundle:
- Item-based promotions – this type allows you to offer discounts (percentage or amount) based on specific criteria associated with designated items. For example, all Widget’s are 15% off.
- Buy X, Get Y promotions – this type allows you to offer discounts specific to an item if your customer buys a designated item. This is often referred to ‘buy one, get one free.’ For example, buy Widget A, get Accessory B for free.
- Order-based promotions – this type offers discounts (percentage or amount) based on the criteria of the entire order. For example, receive $5 off your total if order is over $100.
With the 2014.1 release, NetSuite has made further enhancements to the Advanced Promotion SuiteApp (version 2.02). With the new features, users can now offer item-specific free shipping promotions. For example, you can create a promotion that allows a customer to have free shipping on all Accessories, but not Widgets. Therefore, if they purchase both Widgets and Accessories, NetSuite will only calculate shipping charges on the Widgets, and exclude the Accessories from the shipping calculation.
Here are the steps to create this type of promotion:
- Navigate to “Lists -> Marketing -> Promotions -> New” and select the “Item-Based Promotions” type.
- Enter information regarding your promotion (Name, Start/End Dates, Discount Item, etc).
- On the “Codes” subtab, enter the intended “Number of Uses” and designate a “Coupon Code” for this Promotion.
- If you want to set any customer eligibility restrictions (i.e. only customers in Washington State) or order eligibility restrictions (only orders greater than $100), then enter those on the “Eligibility” tab.
- On the “Discount” tab, select the “New Item Specific Free Shipping” value (you can also elect to use a saved search) within the “Add Shipping Discount” field. From here, you can select the particular items you want to offer Free Shipping on as well as the specific Shipping Methods you want to offer with those items:
Click image to enlarge