New NetSuite Module Custom Checkout Domains
After a long wait for many customers, NetSuite recently released a new add-on module that allows customer to use a truly custom checkout domain. This new feature allows webstores to keep the checkout process on their branded domain name.
For example, without the add on, your webstore “JoesCars.com” would have the following process:
www.JoesCars.com (Webstore) > www.JoesCars.com (Shopping Cart) > checkout.netsuite.com
With the new add-on, we can use a customized second domain or a subdomain for the checkout process:
www.JoesCars.com (Webstore) > www.JoesCars.com (Shopping Cart) > checkout.JoesCars.com
This is a great new feature that will ultimately reduce user confusion and increase conversion rates through the checkout process.
Step 1: Purchase your SSL certificate
First, you’ll need to purchase your own, dedicated SSL certificate from one of two service providers, Verisign or GoDaddy. You can purchase this separately from where you register your domains at. Once you purchase, the SSL provider will give you a SSL file to download along with a SSL Key/Password.
Step 2: Setup your SSL with NetSuite
- Take you SSL file and upload the file to the new SSL Certificates Folder.
- Go to Setup > Web Site > Domains. A new tab exists for “Secure Domains”.
Click image to enlargeFill out the following fields
- Send Notification Email To â€” the email of your site admin or IT contact in case NetSuite runs into a domain error during the checkout process.
- In the Certificate and CA Certificate fields, pick your SSL file as uploaded to the SSL Certificates folder.
- For Certificate Key & Password, input the values as provided by your SL provider.
- You can then assign the webstore, hosting folder, not-found page and other values like you would with a normal domain.
- Go to Setup > Web Site > Set Up Web Site. On the Setup tab, for the checkout URL value select the custom checkout domain from the bottom of the list. You’ll still need to pick a standard domain name for your primary domain.
- The checkout domain must be a separate URL from your main webstore domain. You can pick a subdomain (recommended) or a second distinct domain name for this.
- Custom domains will work for WSDK sites that use the NetSuite checkout as well as hosted webstores.
- The custom domain is only used for pages from the webstore including your account centers â€” all system e-mails/notices etc from NetSuite will still come from NetSuite.com instead of your custom domain.
Click image to enlarge
- You can have multiple custom domains in your NetSuite account. If using Multi-site or OneWorld, you can have all sites go through one centralized checkout domain or each store can have it’s own branded checkout.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The Custom Checkout Domain feature is a NetSuite add-on. Please contact your NetSuite sales rep to discuss pricing and how to purchase the add-on for your account.