KPI Scorecards Track and Compare Metrics all Year
The KPI Scorecards feature allows you to add a portlet to your dashboard that shows the results of multiple KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for multiple date or period ranges within a single portlet. The scorecard-like functionality also allows you to compare one KPI to another within the same portlet. For example, a sales manager can track the sales of multiple sales team simultaneously. In our example, we are providing a KPI displaying Revenue Target Metrics for members of the Board of Directors.
When comparing KPIs, you can select Ratio or Variance, Absolute or Percent differences. Historical pipeline and forecast data are also supported.
To enable the KPI Scorecards feature:
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features.
- On the General subtab, check the KPI Scorecards box.
- Click Save.
Once the feature is enabled, you can go to Setup > Customization > KPI Scorecards > New to set up your KPIs.
Setting Up a KPI Scorecards Portlet
On the KPI Scorecard page, you can set up the KPIs you want to include in your KPI Scorecards portlet. You can define date ranges to apply to each KPI and also define an audience to share your portlet with. Once your setup is complete, you can click Customize this Page on any standard or custom tab in your account to add the KPI portlet to that page.
To set up a KPI Scorecards portlet:
- Go to Setup > Customization > KPI Scorecards > New.
- On the Content subtab, select the KPI you want shown in the portlet.
- On the Content subtab, select the additional KPI you want shown in the portlet.
- Check Compare with Previous if you want to compare the results of this comparison to the comparison defined in the row above this one on the KPIs subtab.
Select one of the following comparison types:
- Variance Percent: 100*(B-A)/A
- Variance Absolute: B-A
- Ratio Percent: 100*B/A
- Ratio Absolute: B/A
- Sum: A + B
- Check Invert Comparison if you want to invert the operation used to calculate the comparison type.
- Enter a column label for the KPI. This label is the column header in the KPI Scorecard portlet.
- Repeat steps 2-7 to add additional KPIs to the portlet.
- On the Date Range subtab, select a date range for the KPIs you selected and repeat steps 2-7 above.
- Repeat steps above to add additional date ranges to the portlet. Note: A column will be listed in the KPI Scorecards portlet for each date range or comparison range defined.
- Click Save.
Click image below to enlarge
Once your setup is complete, you can add the KPI Scorecards portlet to your dashboard.
To add a KPI scorecard to your dashboard:
- Go to Home > Settings > Customize this Page.
- On the Customize page, click the Standard Content subtab.
- Check the box in the Show column next to KPI Scorecard.
- Click Save.
Click image below to enlarge.
Once the KPI Scorecard portlet is added to your dashboard, click Set Up in the portlet to access three additional preferences:
- KPI Scorecard – Choose the KPI scorecard you want shown in your portlet.
- Restrict To – Select My Team or Only Mine to filter the results shown on your scorecard. Select All to include all data.
- Orientation – Choose to show KPI or dates in the left most column of the scorecard.
You can define an audience for your KPI scorecards portlet. Members of that audience can add your KPI Scorecards portlet to their dashboards.